As I was listening to Jim Rohn yesterday, I was reminded of several things. This info is going to be quite handy in some endeavours I will be undertaking. It is going to allow me to draw people in and understand where they are. Simply this - Express rather than Impress. Expressing draws people. It comes from a well of emotions based on past experiences. Impress creates a divide.
The well of emotion should be stirred and simmered. Remember the times of pain and the times of fun. Relate to the situation others find themselves in. Feel their pain. Sometimes the only way we can do that is through going through pain ourselves. The ability to empathise and sympathise and the ability to express that is going to create the connection
I have listened to many network marketers. The stories are always designed to impress. I look at the million dollar homes, the cars, the toys. They always get their pictures taken on the beach or in a boat or by a pool. But I'm not there. I'm still at the bottom. When I ask my friend how to do it, they say - Just talk to your upline. They will tell you.
What if the magazines showed the double diamonds and the platinum partners behind a desk with a phone in their hand. Not so glamerous, but, that's where I am! I can talk to someone like that! If I know they are pushing the same plow, and tilling the same soil as I , I will buy!
Many followers long for someone to come alongside. Let's face it. Many of your prospects are followers. They WANT to follow you right to the register. The best way to do that is side by side in our communication, relating with expression, feeling, and communication.
No comments:
Post a Comment