Monday, April 9, 2012

Use all Five Senses

I sell entirely technical goods and services.  The goods have low profit margin. The services are my bread and butter.  The problem is, the client can't see the services.  They NEVER see the services.  Yes, they may see the results AFTER the purchase or the technician as he is working, but they can't see it as they walk through the office or when I'm sitting on the other side of the desk making a proposal.

Ask yourself how you can show them the service as hardware.  How can you get them to feel, taste, touch, hear the services.  Hear the virus alarm go off.  What does success taste like?  How can they feel the difference?

I was challenged by boB recently that I need to take the other five senses with me into the next proposal I am going to do.  Wow,  that's a great though.  How do I go beyond the chart and proposal letter?  I can, and I will.  It will take a little creative thinking, but when I'm done, they will see the difference.  It will add value to the proposal and strength to the close.


Rich

No comments: