Monday, August 15, 2011

Close Already!

I was in business for myself for many years.  I had heard the term "close" before, like he closed on me or close the sale.  i always thought it was a sales gimmick and never really understood what a close was.  Bob explained all that and it revolutionised my approach to sales.  I love to demonstrate.  I love to tell you all about it, but at some point I must ask for the sale!  Closing is simply asking for the sale.  It can be as simple as "would you like to buy that?"  Many times a simple phrase is all it takes to lead the person to purchase.

I must admit that there have  been many times if someone simply asked me "would you like to buy that?"  and I would have because I really wanted it.  Sometimes all it takes is an invite.  I was at the Dan Emmett festival just yesterday, and I purchased two hotdogs.  If the lady had asked me "Would you like mellon with that" I probably would have said, yes! If she had said, "The mellon is extra sweet and cold - here's a sample. would you like some? "  Then I might have said, yes,  give me the whole mellon!

Simply asking can be effective, and it's usually better than never asking.   But, just like the mellon lady, a little incentive can help also!

In the next week Bob and I will be discussing some very common - and some not so common closes.  Now, we didn't make any of these up, but we will take the opportunity to pass along to you some really good information to help you serve your client better. 

If you study these closes you will be on your way to more profit and a brighter future! You will visit often won't you?    (Save the world close)



No comments: