A simple written thank you card is always appreciated and seldom received. How many times do you receive a genuine thank you card for from a vendor.
I don't mean the thank you card that has a discount for your next oil change or hotel stay. Those aren't thank you's, those are advertisements. I mean just a plain old post card that says "Thank you for shopping with me. I appreciate your business". THE END. It's extremely rare. I don't think I have ever received more than a handful. (all of them were from the same company)
This expresses your appreciation of their patronage. After all they could have done business with ANYONE other than you, but they didn't They chose you. While some cards may hit the trash can, they will all be read and it will distinguish you from your competition.
Oh, it does one more thing. If YOU write the card by hand - using only blue ink, It establishes in your mind appreciation for the client. Taking that time makes you aware that THEY are important enough to take time for - after the sale! After all, that's why they are clients and not "customers" right?
No comments:
Post a Comment