Thursday, August 25, 2011

Use all the senses

It's important, when you are selling a product or service to connect with as many senses as you can.  This can have a powerful emotional tie with the client or the staff.

Under my contract services, I clean the client's computers out on a regular basis.  One of my clients told me how much they enjoyed the smell of the spray I use.  they tell me that every time I clean them they look forward the the smell.  Now, that's powerful.  I have stood out in their minds in a very pleasant way and without even saying a word.  They even look forward to my return!

Appealing to the sense of smell, taste, hearing, touch  or sight can be appealing.  I remember when I chose the school our children would go to.  When I first walked in, there was the sound of soft music playing in the foyer.  I also heard it upstairs on the tour. My mind sensed that this was the environment I wanted them to learn in.  It instilled a sense of trust and ease without ever meeting any of the staff!

A chocolate on the pillow at the hotel you stayed at
The odor of your favorite restaurant
The odor of perfume on a thank you card
The unique sound of your greeting on the phone
A picture of them holding your new product

Sometimes closes can be done without ever saying a word!

No comments: